Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Worst Birthday EVER!

My birthday fell on Sunday this year. Scout Sunday in our ward. 

Since I am the Primary Chorister I thought I would do something silly for my birthday and have a little birthday party during primary. 


I put my face on a clown body and the kids got to pin clown noses on me. Each nose had a different song on the back. Singing time has become quite a challenge for me. I sweat, I almost pass out, and I get so hot and dizzy that most of the time I forget what I am doing for a time during it. I actually am quitting early until the baby comes. I came home a few weeks ago and had so many contractions that I thought I better quit. 
Anyway, that isn't why it was the worst birthday ever....
When singing time in Jr Primary was over, I started to gather up the clown poster and walked over to the piano to put it away. I got to the piano, which is in the front of the room, and felt something hit my feet. I looked down and sure enough MY SKIRT HAD FALLEN DOWN!!!!!  That stupid red skirt stretched out during my singing and dancing around and fell down. I quickly grabbed it and pulled it up, but my slip got bunched up in the back and I had to tuck it back in.  I WANTED TO DIE!   I think only 1/2 of the room saw it, and thankfully none of the kids said anything. So glad it was Jr and not Sr. 

I went into the bathroom and tucked that skirt into my underwear so much that it was now a short skirt! I was not about to have that happen again during Sr. Luckily, it didn't. But I was still mortified and came home sick. I was sick about it all day. Even had myself a good cry. I will always remember my 31st birthday as the day that I, the sweaty, hot, fat, red faced HUGE pregnant singing leader lost her skirt!

Vince felt so badly for me that on Wednesday of that week I came home to a nice surprise.  
Thanks Vince!


0 comments: