Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hi Grandma, Goodbye Grandma

On February 18th my sweet Grandma John passed away, and my Mom and Dad decided that they would make the trip home from Argentina for the funeral. 

Being 36 weeks pregnant, I was super nervous about taking a trip to Utah, but was not about to miss seeing my mom and dad and saying goodbye to grandma. So we headed down. 

  
It was so fun to be together as a family again. If even just for a weekend. 

We went down Saturday morning after Jack's basketball game and the funeral was on Monday in Brigham City. 




 It was very cold at the cemetery! 

For the first time in almost 15 years the entire John family was together. 



After the luncheon we headed back to Grandma's House to help go through her things and clean out the house so it can be sold. I spent a lot of my childhood in this house. 








 My grandpa John passed away almost 24 years ago. Love this picture of him that hangs in the basement. 



This room used to have 3 little fold up beds in it that we slept in every Christmas eve and every time we spent the night. 





 
Grandma hadn't been the Grandma I remembered for last year or so, she didn't even know who she was and how wonderful she is. I am so glad that she is back in the arms of my Grandpa. 

1 comments:

Karla said...

Loved all the wonderful pictures you took, thanks. This post made me cry!!! Love ya