Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Christmas

Christmas Eve turned out to be the best day ever. 

At 9am there was  knock on the door, and it was a surprise Christmas present from Vince.
I almost peed my pants!!!!!


 I have had my eye on this piano for weeks and he kept saying no. Apparently he went and bought it the day after I saw it. Such a sneak. 

We had been quarantined to our house for days, and the kids deserved to do something fun, so went to the mall.....on Christmas EVE!  But it ended up being so fun. The stores were handing out goodies to the kids and Santa was fantastic! 



We only waited a few minutes to see him and I let the kids use all my quarters on rides. I do believe it was one of the best days of their lives! We even picked up Mcdonalds on the way home. Vince had to work in the morning and spent most of the afternoon at the hospital with his mom. I was still worried about spreading germs to her so we decided to wait one more day to see her. 

 I still can't believe Ivy didn't cry. She is TERRIFIED of Santa. He sang "Let it Go" from Frozen to her and she warmed right up!

We came home and started some festivities I had planned.  Cookie decorating for Santa



My basement tree has all handmade ornaments from the kids on it, and we decided to make one more to hang to on it. 
 They did these all on their own with minimal help from mom. They turned out so cute!


Daddy made it home from the hospital just in time for Christmas Jammies!



 I wanted to drive around and look at Christmas lights, but he wanted to have a fire in the fireplace. He said he had figured out how to make it work right finally. 

We started the fire and I told him the house was filling up with smoke, he didn't believe me. I could hardly breathe.  We turned on Mr. Bean's Christmas and two seconds into the show all the smoke detectors started going off. And they went off every few minutes. What a night!
We had to open the window. 

 I came up the stairs Christmas Eve to find Vince playing with his present he bought himself. I asked him if he was waiting for Santa....

Christmas morning was so joyful!







Facetiming with Grandpa and Gramdma Wheatley in Argentina. 












Everybody got a gun from Vince for Christmas


Even Ivy. 




 After breakfast we headed to Idaho Falls to go see Grandma in the hospital. 

She was not doing good so we only stayed 1 minute. 

We got about 5" of snow Christmas Eve so Vince spent the day plowing and I made a fabulous Christmas Dinner. It was a wonderful Christmas, even though it was the first one we have ever spent without family. 


0 comments: