Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1

Well, I have officially been Radioactive for 1 day. It was quite the experience yesterday.

I went to the Dr. Office to get some blood work done before going to the hospital for Radiation, and they informed me that I would not be able to start the Radiation because the nurse forgot to tell me last week to stop taking all my medications.

WHAT!!!!

I had a slight meltdown. The nurse felt so bad, as she should! Come on Lady, this is my LIFE we are talking about here! She talked to the Dr. and the hospital and they decided to let me do it anyway. It was quite an emotional roller coaster yesterday.

We went to the Hospital's Nuclear Med Center (So Funny). After a little instruction from the Radiologist, they brought out the lead cylinder that contained the pill. The pill tasted yucky!

The Radiologist made me feel so much better about what to expect over the next week or so. His number 1 rule was:

DON'T LOCK YOURSELF IN ROOM!

Which is exactly what everyone has told me I am supposed to do. So, I am so glad he told me I didn't have to. I can start sitting next to Vince in 3 days, but I still can't hold my kids for 10 days. Oh, I miss them.
(I took this picture the day before they left. I heard them giggling but couldn't find them. Sure enough, Jack had locked them both in the Kitchen Pantry.)
Here they are on the drive to Utah, Awwwwwwe. I know Brooke looks Innocent, but she only slept for 10 minutes of the drive, the other 3.5 hours were spent SCREAMING!

I have been a little sick, okay that's a lie, A LOT SICK, but that is to be expected. I am also kinda turning red, Hmmm, not so much expected. The Radiologist said that I would be "glowing", but that we can't see the rays with our eyes. Darn, (I was hoping to be in the next X Men film.)

So, to pass the time today, I went way out of my comfort zone and attempted making two dresses for Brooke.
They turned out great, except I am worried that they won't fit her. I can't wait to get her back and try them on her!
I think I am going to take the rest of the day off. Perhaps a nap and movie are in order.
Yes, I believe this is EXACTLY what the Dr. Ordered.

7 comments:

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Cindy said...

hi ang! you are AMAZING! I love the dresses...especially the little jumper with the cute buttons!!! You are too talented. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to relieve the boredom!!!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Hey-Those dresses look great! You are just too good, i should send you Olivia's toothfairy fabric and have you do the sewing for halloween! It will be interesting here haveing 3 little helpers with all of it. Ha! Well, I hope you enjoy your movie! Thats a good one!

Katherine said...

Dresses look great! Keep up the good work! Hope you're feeling better!

feefoo said...

It was fun to see your cute kids yesterday. Trust me they are not to be bored at Grandmas house because she has a thousand toys. I take that back, she has eight thousand toys to play with. Hang in there you will soon be chasing them around again, so rest and be lazy while you can. Oh, thats right you can't be lazy,you are so busy making darling things.

Nichole said...

I am thinking of you every day and am sorry that I have not been posting too much, I will do better; Jeremy is giving me a hard time about it too. I love the dresses, you have a talent for sure, DARLING! Wishing you well and lots of good reading, movie watching and productive work like making cute stuff!

The Taylor's said...

It's like a vacation minus the vacation! Ten days of dreaded freedom. Glad it went good or atleast as semi-expected. I love the fabric on that jumper you made-is that some of the fabric you carry? Luckily you won't have to be thrown away in one of those radioactive bags. We have a few and I used to think- Hum...wonder if this would scare the neighbors or garbage man. We never threw anything away in it, but I always wondered what we might use that for. If you shed any radioactive particles, let me know & I'll bring you the bag.