Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

I wanted to take it easy Christmas Eve. I was so worn out from the near drowning the night before.

But the kids REALLY wanted to go to the mall to see Santa! What? Seriously? It was a BLIZZARD out side, but I braved the roads and drove white knuckle grip to Idaho Falls!


And Santa was great!

Daddy came home later from work and saved a few trapped babies. 


 We decorated cookies, and watched movies. 

And the kids were dying to go out side and play in all the snow! 




And daddy got out the new snowmobile. 


 Then he decided to take the kids over this huge hill in the front yard. He went over the hill and apparently Ivy's face hit the handle bars, but the kids on the sled were fine. 
 A little bloody nose, and a lot of tears. 



I made full on Christmas Dinner Christmas eve. Turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, I was seriously in the kitchen ALL DAY LONG!


Then it was time for a gift, new slippers!

 Never mind my face, James was being hilarious and I wanted to take a pic and I couldn't stop laughing. And the bathroom is a mess, but what else is new. And I am still in my apron. I wore it so long it became a part of me that night. 

 We watched Mr Bean Christmas and it was time for bed!

About 8am Christmas morning!
 The kids were awake by 7am but they wanted to wait for James. So cute! 










Christmas Day wore this kid out!


 Brooke was soo excited about her new sewing machine and made rice bags for all!

We gave Daddy some family scriptures and we got started right away.  Our goal for 2016 is to read the scriptures. These are obviously just scripture stories, but they are better than nothing!


0 comments: