Wednesday, February 17, 2010


This conversation took place on July 31, 2009

I call Vince.

Well Babe, I got the results.

What results? (Such a guy)

It's Cancer.

No.

Yes.

No, what did they really say?

Babe, it's Cancer!

Um, okay, I'm coming home.

Nah, you don't need to come home.

Yup, I'll be there in an hour.

I sit for the next hour contemplating the future. Vince walks in the door and hugs me. I stand in his arms expecting something well thought out and sweet to come out of his mouth:

So do I have to take you on a trip or something?

I stand there in shock.

I mean, aren't you supposed to take your wife who is dying of Cancer to Paris or something?

Thank you Mr. Sensitive.

He may have not chosen the best words at that moment, but I have held him to them.

We aren't going to Paris, or New York, but both
sort of



I enjoy Las Vegas for 3 good reasons:

Good Food

Good Shopping

Good People Watching

I am expecting to come home me a little heavier and my wallet a little lighter.

I'm praying for a heat wave so me and the pool can have some quality time together!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Have fun!! When I told Micah I had cancer he asked me what kind of coat I wanted for christmas. Gotta love em!

Nichole said...

Yea, good for you guys! Have a great time.

kerstin said...

Have so much fun! Eat lots of food for me! Maybe some cheesecake from cheesecake factory! Oh, and make sure to do lots of shopping for me! So jealous :)

Brittney said...

Ha, he sounds like my kind of guy. My friend Eric nearly fell over dead when I told him to never use the cancer card with me again. He was in remission and just didn't want to help. I felt bad after, but only kind of. :-P

Have fun in Vegas dear. And if the water isn't warm enough come on down to my place and take a float in my pool. It is GORGEOUS right now.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Have fun, well have with brookie and jack. Say hello to the pool for me, how I miss that dear friend.

pixielegs said...

YAY! And maybe you can come see me!!! If you can manage to break away from all the gambling and craziness that is Las Vegas! :) Let me know when you will be here! I'd love to at least see you for a little bit!

charm said...

Ohhhh the things boys say! I loved Andrea's comment too. What is with the male gender?! :) Have fun in the sun without us. :(
Maybe next year! :)