Friday, September 11, 2009

1 MONTH


I remember getting back into bed 1 MONTH ago,
crying in pain
trying not to pass out
having chest pains
trying to brave another Kidney Stone
holding my neck tube so it wouldn't get ripped out
and saying to Vince who was holding my IV
"I just want it to be 1 MONTH in the future! I want to be done with this! I can't do it anymore!"

Well......
I made it! And I MONTH is everything I thought it would be!

I am almost 3 weeks in on my diet, and going strong. It isn't horrible, just annoying (who wants to be on a crappy diet that makes you gain weight!)
This is my usual lunch....Yummy!

We are hoping just 1 1/2 more weeks on the diet, but we don't know. It could be another month or two before my body is ready for radiation. (please NO)

Just a little note: Prepare yourselves for some major blogging and facebook time by yours truely when it's time for Radiation. I will be locked in my room for 10 days, what else am I going to do?

Right now my challenges are:

Migraines: Oh, they are paralyzing

Thyroid: (What? You don't even have one) That's my problem. I can hardly put one foot in front of the other. I am sooo tired and gaining weight at record speed. Doc says my medications need a little adjusting.

Neck Movement: much better, but still not perfect.

Numbness: I still can't believe I am numb all over. Every now and then I get these hot, charges of electricty through my nerves in my neck and shoulder. Doc says they are just nerves coming back to life.

One more surgery: Just a little one. A little bubble has formed next to my incision and it needs to be removed and stitched up. But really, what's 3 little stitches.

The Diet: The hardest part about this whole "Diet" is remembering to not eat my kid's food. I have realized that I could lose a lot of weight by not popping Cheerios and eating all of Jack's leftovers. Seriously. I do that way more than I thought I did.

There are some days I can barely get out of bed, but I have two great reasons to get up


So until I am ready for Radiation, I will just continue to eat my rabbit food and dry chicken. I just want to again thank all of you for all the love and support and meals you have sent our way. You have all helped to make this bearable for me. Thanks!



7 comments:

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Brook is starting to look like Jack even more! I cant believe it she is adorable! Well, if your scar is anything like my c-section it took over a year for it to not feel strange! Try keep enjoying your rabbit food! Good Luck with the diet! You are a tough woman! We love you and miss you guys!

Karla said...

I think a visit to Utah will cheer you right up! The chef is waiting to cook up something from the diet cook book.

The Taylor's said...

1. Good thing you've always been so skinny- you could use a few pounds.

2. Your scar looks so good! It is healing nicely.

3. Seriously, what are you going to do for 10 days? Rent a lot of movies or something. That would be hard! Can Vince or anyone be near you at all or total isolation? AHH!

4. Don't go nuts- think how fast the past month has gone.

5. Hang in there. I've been thinking about you. Let us know if we can help with anything. Seriously!

charm said...

Well, if you've gained weight, I sure couldn't tell! I'm still in awe of your incision... it looks so good! And, I'm in awe of YOU! Keep it up, Angie... you can do it!

Fox Family said...

Angie, You are looking great! Wow, I can't believe one month has passed by. I miss you to death. Hopefully we can find time to play in the near future.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Yummy, can I come over for lunch?

Alicia said...

Wow - you are going strong! I can't believe it's been a month - way to go! You made it!

You look great, by the way - I thought that picture was a 'before' picture at first because I couldn't even find the scar!