Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No Whining

I tell the kids all day long,

"No Whining"

But I can do it all I want, because I'm the Mommy!

Come on, if you had this thing in your eye would you whine too?

How about if you had them in both eyes?
(yes, these are MY eyes)

How about if your eyes had cried constantly for over a year?
And you had no control over it.
And you lost most of your eye lashes because of it.

They itch.
Like Alot!
Like the worst itch you have ever had!
And I can't scratch them!!!!
The itch is never satisfied.
It's so fun to feel like there is an eyelash in your eye and you can't take it out!

 
Those fabulous little tubes are sewn into my top eyelid, and then go down into my bottom tear duct and into my nose.  My lacrimal duct.

On Friday my life just might change for the good!
As long as the tubes have recreated my eroded tear ducts correctly over the past 5 weeks, my
TUBES GET TO COME OUT!

I have completely ruined the skin around my eyes. I worry about how many wrinkles I will have later on because of it. The skin is raw and burns from the constant salty tears coming out of my eyes and the wiping and rubbing. 

Have I whined enough yet?
No?

How about the most annoying neck in the world?

You know, the one that got sliced on this side 2 years ago, and looks great now even though it left all the skin around it and the left side of my face numb.

The neck that decided to get cancer again and leave me with a nasty fat scar on the other side 4 months ago.

That itches and burns like crazy!
That stupid stripe itches and burns.

Stupid neck.
Stupid eyes.
Stupid baby fat I can't get rid of. (okay this one is more my fault)

But you get the point.

Is all my whining justified?

I have always been a whiner.
Forever.
If your last name is, or once was Wheatley, then this is not news to you.
If your name is Byram, you are quickly becoming aware of this.

We decided that it was the radioactive iodine that I took that dissolved my tear ducts.
So cancer is to blame for all this fun.
Thyroid Cancer is hereditary.
So if your name does have "Wheatley" in it, I suggest you have your neck checked regularly so you don't have to experience all these expensive adventures.

Got it.
Good.

Whining over.

7 comments:

Karla said...

No we never stop whining, it's heredity!

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Ah! Angie! You deserve to WHINE ALL YOU WANT! I on the other hand need to stop. You poor dear... all this on top of the normal stresses of life and raising 3 little ones. You still amaze me "whining" and all.

Kasha said...

I am so sorry you have to deal with all this. You are so strong! Good luck on Friday, I hope all goes well and you don't ever have to deal with the tubes again. *HUGS*

Brittney said...

I can see the new scar, since it is so fresh, but I looked and looked and looked but I can't see your old scar at all. It has faded a lot.

Whine all you want. I go in on Tuesday, I'm already whining. Mostly about having to pump and dump the day of surgery, but about a lot of other things, too.

You rock, Angie.

Chris and Cindy said...

I hope your eyes are finally healed!!! I think your scars are looking great!

tonyandalli said...

Ummm, I would whine! And cry, and eat, and be needy, and probably shop. So who'se the better woman? You win. I don't think I need to go on.... I have to go be ashamed of my general weakness.

mandy said...

Angie, can I just say you are amazing. Seriously. I look up to you. I love your blog... I can't believe your eye ducts... crazy. I hope everything can get figured out already! I'm coming up there in like 2 weeks and PS...I'd really like to come visit you!