Monday, January 23, 2012

I've turned a new leaf

A green leaf in fact

 That's right, the Byrams have gone GREEN!
With my body failing me these days...
First my neck and now my eyes,
I have decided that I need to do everything I can to help fight all this crapola away!

After 2 years my cancer is still lingering, and my most recent adventure, the eye tubes, were a complete failure.
Apparently my tear ducts are forever broke :(

Side Note:{All this change came about after the tubes came out and I realized that they didn't work, and I  had a total and complete nervous breakdown about it, you know the kind where you are sitting in the closet sobbing like a pathetic excuse for a woman. Then I had one of those "A hah" moments where I slapped myself and said "Woman, you have got to get your crap together!!"}

So 2012 is the start of the new me.

No more pop tarts, or 6 bowls of Crunch Berries for Breakfast.
No more packages of licorice for lunch.
And no more pans of brownies for a snack.
I am guilty of all the above.

Not only is eating like that not healthy for a woman fighting the big C,
it is doing all sorts of bad things to my behind!

I make this one for Breakfast, and there is enough left for lunch too!
It is my favorite!!!!!
It. Is. Delicious!

My kids love this one!

Yes, you read that right, THE KIDS!


 I promise I didn't ask her to flip you all off, she chose that finger for pointing.

Jack calls the drink "The Grinch".

May I just say that I was completely skeptical when everyone started doing these.
Blah blah blah, I thought they were all stupid.
I have lost 4 lbs already, now who was stupid!

And they seriously taste good! Who knew?

We aren't going Vegan, or Gluten Free or anything crazy like that, but I sure hope this helps a little bit.
Maybe eating healthy will help my body fight off my cancer's little remnants!
And maybe it will help my behind!
Let's pray for both, okay!

8 comments:

Kasha said...

I love your family pic! Too cute! I'm so sorry to hear about your tear ducts.:( I will have to try one of the recipes for the smoothies sometime.

mandy said...

YAY, YAY, YAY for green drinks! They are my FAVORITE. Hope you keep enjoying them and finding recipes you like!

tonyandalli said...

I am sad to hear about your eye procedure not working. That is poo.
And actually, I like being flipped off every once in a while. It's hip!

Fox Family said...

Just bought a blendtec myself and I.LOVE.IT. It is amazing. I really want to try your recipes! By the way, my dad is going up to ID on Wed and asked if I wanted to come with to see you, but I have school on Wed :( Hopefully we can meet up sometime. I still need to see Ivy before she goes to college!

Kimi said...

We like banana and strawberries with spinach yougurt and almond milk. My daughter calls them ice cream and cries when we run out of stuff to make them for breakfast.

Kimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

We are on a green smoothie kick lately, too! Trying to get my iron count up and spinach in Sheldon. Love 'em! I actually just made your Green Monster one...and I love it! Yay, something to use up all that random Almond Milk that I buy for no apparent reason when it's on sale. Score.

Sorry to hear about the tear ducts, I would cry in a closet too. Life is just so unpredictable, isn't it? Who would have thought something as small as tear ducts could be so totally frustrating! I'm sending good vibes your way, hoping this year is easier than the last.

tvmom said...

I love green smoothies...we try to drink one a day at our house...I like one orange, some strawberries, handful of spinach, flaxseeds and ice...pretty good. Also, I'm in love with the book Eat to Live...it has some recipes too!