Monday, October 10, 2011

Brookie is 3!!!

We have the flu at our house.
Jack is terribly sick.
And I am just waiting for the rest of us to come down with it.
We had a party planned for Brooke at Grandma Jane's with the whole family, but had to cancel due to our sicklies.
We still had a great party, just the five of us.
I wasn't upset about the cancelled party until I noticed 24 Minnie Mouse cupcakes, that were supposed to be devoured by the cousins, taunting me in my kitchen.
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Never mind Brooke's band aids.  She has sores that I don't want her scratching and spreading. 
We get asked about them at least 4x a day by strangers.

I made her a fabric tutu, but sadly it wasn't as cute as I had imagined.
She LOVED all the Dolls and Barbie furniture she got!
She got the complete collection of Snap & Style dolls and I decided to transform her bookcase in her room into a dollhouse for them. It was tricky finding furniture that would fit those odd sized dolls.
 So I made some furniture.

Check out that Van.  That was my Barbie van from when I was little, and luckily her dolls fit great it in.
She has all the babies piled in the back.

 Grandma Jane went Kitty Crazy this year.
Brooke doesn't like Hello Kitty at all ;)
I had to pry that backpack off of her.

When will I ever learn that balloons are always a disaster.

I threw a game together at the last minute to make her cancelled party less traumatic.
It worked.

Memorable Moments:

We woke her up by singing Happy Birthday to her in her bed. We thought she was scared and hated it, until a few hours later when she came up to me and Vince and said, "Thank you for singing my birthday song to me in my room last night." And then she repeatedly thanked us for it every hour for the rest of the day.

We lit the candles on her cake and sang happy birthday to her about 3 minutes after she woke up because she couldn't wait to have her "Fire Cake" one more minute. 

She didn't want to eat dinner because she knows dinner means the day is almost over, and she told me, "I don't want my Birthday to be done yet, Mom." I totally remember that feeling, oh to be a kid again.

4 comments:

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Brooke is so cute! Happy Birthday girly! Sorry Jack is sick! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Kasha said...

Too cute! I love those Minnie Mouse cupcakes, you are so creative! Happy Birthday to Brooke, she looks adorable!

Marcie said...

How (and what out of) did you make that furniture? I bought Alice an awesome wood Barbie house on KSL for Christmas. But I need furniture to fill it.

The cupcakes are SO cute....just might have to make some before our upcoming Disneyland trip.

mandy said...

How awesome to plan such an amazing party for the 5 Byram party... and to have it turn out so wonderfully. Few could pull that off Ang! :)