Thursday, October 20, 2011

Update

So, what do the Byrams do when mommy is a mess?

These two lucky ducks got to go to a Pumpkin Patch with their cousins!
 And pick their very own pumpkins!
Basically the best day of Jack's life.
Thanks BJ and Maria!


 My poor/wonderful/saint of a Mother hasn't had a hot meal in 1 week.
She has been busy kissing this little pooper!
Okay, she has been busy doing EVERYTHING! 
Thanks Mom!!!


Ivy has been tossed around from Grandma to Grandma and is thoroughly exhausted from all the kisses.

Cousin Grace has been entertaining the troops.
 And directed a spectacular production.

And me.
This picture says it all.
 Pain.
Discomfort.
And Glasses?
My blurred vision and dizziness aren't getting better.
My Dr. got worried we were dealing with a blood clot.
So off to the hospital for torture testing.
I had an ultrasound of the neck to check for a clot in my jugular vein, and then a CT Scan with contrast (an amazingly uncomfortable procedure, it nearly killed this big baby), to rule out one in the lungs. Both negative, so then I got to go to my second favorite place in the world...
THE EYE DOCTOR!

After lots of eye drops and poking around in my eyes, he thinks my eyes have suffered some internal trauma due to the surgery. He says that time, and some snazzy glasses will help.


The glasses only help about 10%, but they are somewhat exciting, and have provided some much needed comic relief.

What else is exciting......

MY STITCHES COME OUT TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!!

To be continued.....

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing... Cheering for you over here. Here's hoping tomorrow is much less dizzy!!

kerstin said...

Jack has shown me his pumpkin every morning after preschool. Too cute!

Chris and Cindy said...

Ang,you look great! I think your neck looks awesome! I just hope your eyes heal quickly! I love jack & brooke's hats!

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Oh Angie dear. You poor sweet girl! You are so positive, it's unbelievable! I'm sorry that the surgery has caused other complications. I hope everything was successful and you are back to "normal" soon! I wish I lived close and could have your kids over to play!