Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moving Day!

Saturday was moving day.
Not houses, just rooms.

I have spent the last month or two collecting items for the "Space Room" that Jack requested.
 I let him choose the theme so he would be more willing to move to the basement, alone. 
And sleep down there, all alone.  
 I kept everything a surprise.  He had no idea what it was going to look like or what would be in it!
Saturday morning was the big Unveiling!


 HE LOVED IT!!!!!
He loved everything about it.
I was sooooo happy!

I made this picture on the computer and when he saw it he said, "Mom, I don't remember this."  
 I said, "Jack, you don't remember going to the moon?"  He looked so freaked out.  He was so afraid that he went to the moon and didn't know about it. 
It made the 3 hours I spent on that little photo totally worth it!

He slept down there no problemo.
He loved the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling.  I think they were his favorite part!
 I even saved some of the decorating for him.  I found these little planet wall stickers at the dollar store and let him go to town!

MOVING DAY FOR BROOKE

Brooke has a new room too.
Don't you think she deserves it?  This is where she has been sleeping for the past 2 weeks.  
 I sold my black crib and changing table on Craigslist, WAAAAAYYYY faster than I thought I would (2 hours), so all these moves had to be moved up drastically as Brooke had nowhere to sleep!

 She is now in Jacks old room, with TWO big girl beds! Vince spent an entire week painting Jack's dark navy blue beds, cream for me.  About 18 coats of paint later, they look A.m.a.z.i.n.g!

Her room is nowhere near finished. I am currently working on matching quilts for the beds. 
Wish me luck on that one. 


NURSERY PREVIEW
Vince told me if I sold the black crib, I could get a new one!
The black one just never looked good with that big brown wall behind it, and I was sooooo excited to get a new one.  

On Saturday he set it up for me and I couldn't resist putting a few of the pieces of the bedding I have made in it. 

It was basically Christmas for me!
And for Jack!
And for Brooke!

And I guess it was like Christmas for Vince in the fact that we got to enjoy all our new gifts after he spent hours putting them together.  

Thanks Daddy!

9 comments:

Karla said...

Love it all! Can't wait to see it in person. I am kinda loving Jack's Batman t-shirt. I'm surprised it wasn't Batman or Spiderman or Superman! Do you hire out, my bedroom needs help??

charm said...

I love all of it! You are super woman!

Kasha said...

I love the space room! You are so creative. That is so funny about the moon pic, Jack is too cute!!

The Taylor's said...

Some fun changes happening in your household! I love the saying above the closet doors- cute tie in to your theme.

tonyandalli said...

I am in love with Brooke's cream beds! I love the dimensions of turned-wood...
And high five to Jack for being so brave! My kids are big chickens; still using nightlights and trying to sleep all together. It's awesome.

Nichole said...

Looks like lot of fun changes at your house. You are so brave, I have yet to let Sage move downstairs so the girls share a room. It would also mean giving up the toy/play room downstairs which I am really not ready to do yet!

Chris and Cindy said...

It looks awesome Ang! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Brittney said...

Angie, you are so darn talented.

Denise said...

I love it all! Great work!