Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday Best

Once a week, I make a substantial effort to make my children look polished and presentable. 
 Whether they actually choose to comply with my efforts is always a gamble. 

 And occasionally on these once weekly endeavors, we are ready before church with a few moments to spare for a photo. 

 Once again, whether they choose to comply with my efforts is completely up to them.

All I ask is for them to stand next to each other,
don't touch,
don't hit each other,
don't pull a funny face,
don't pick your nose,
don't wave,
please smile,
and look at me.

Apparently that is too much to ask of this 4 year old and this......well, [however many fingers Brooke is holding up] year old.


This task is much easier for me.
Believe it or not, once a week I too actually get dressed.

 Although this is my preferred outfit of choice. Daily.

I am 25 1/2 weeks.
I added the 1/2 because it sounds soooooo much better to me!

Here is the rundown:

I am large.
I have become addicted to Raisin Bran, sometimes for all 3 meals.
I don't sleep anymore.
My eyes are getting worse by the day. They now produce goop along with the tears. Nice.
I should add a countdown on the side of this blog until my eye surgery day! 120 days!
My wedding ring is too snug for comfort :(
Every now and then Brooke kisses my belly goodnight, without prompting. Hilarious. 
No name yet, and sadly there may never be a name. Come on Vince.
The cancer scare in February has been downgraded to a false alarm at this point. Phew. 
I cried all those tears for nothing. 
My nesting is in full swing. The nursery is almost done.
I am pretty sure the family is ready to meet this new little lady, as they are starting to wonder if we are all going to survive the next 3 months of crazy hormonal mommy!

8 comments:

Jace and Whitney said...

I love love reading your posts! I especially love that we are pregnant at the same time. I think it makes me feel bonded to you somehow. haha You look great by the way and your kids are always adorable!

Nichole said...

You and your kids are darling and you are so organized...good luck with the last part of the pregnancy!

kelley said...

I finally caved and had my rings resized a 1/2 size. But I'd like to blame that more on the fact that it's getting hotter and more humid here lately so everything is sticky anyway...
And yes, you can TOTALLY come out to visit me! Just come when it's somewhat warm and I'll take you to the beach. It's pretty much the best thing about being in NC.

Chris and Cindy said...

Ang, you look great! I'm so glad the cancer thing is better than u thought, sorry about the eyes...i cant wait to see your nursery! have a happy easter!

Denise said...

You look great! I wish I looked that good pregnant!

Liz and John Behunin said...

Stop it! You look way too cute to be prego. Love the little outfits on the kiddos.

Alicia said...

You are looking way too good for this to be your third pregnancy! Rude!

I *am*, however, happy to hear that the cancer scare was a false alarm. So happy to hear that.

And your kids look so cute! How do you get Brooke's hair to be so smooth? Not that it will ever matter, given our current track record of not producing girls. =)

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

So funny! I ate a ton of Raisin Bran while pregnant too! Maybe there's something too it! The next few months will fly... enjoy to big kids while you can! Three is definitely more work, but SO worth it :)