Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cabin, Cousins, Kidneys

Lucky Me!
I got to spend last week at my mom's in Utah. Shopping, eating, shopping and relaxing. 
Um...some serious shopping took place.

On Thursday we headed up to the Cabin for some family fun. 
We like to celebrate St. Pattys Day the entire month in the Wheatley family, so here are some pictures from my mom's awesome parte'!
(Jack and Grandpa in their Irish best)

 Dear Vince, please don't hurt me for putting this picture up. It was just too awesome.

My mother is fabulous, in case you didn't know.



 "Find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good ____!"  
If you can't finish that poem then you obviously have never seen Grease :)
 The kids followed a trail of pennies to their St. Patty's Day Suprises!  Brooke and Lily may have digested about $0.78 combined. 


 What's more fun than a huge slumber party with the cousins.....how about the Mommy's and Daddy's getting no sleep due to such party. Oh well, at least the kiddos had fun!
 Shhhhhh, Brooke's baby is sleeping. 

A seriously sad moment for me took place this week.  My baby grew up!  After our first night at the cabin I realized that she had officially outgrown the pack & play.  She got to sleep in a Big Girl Bed for the first time. 
 Yes, Brooke slept in the closet next the bathroom.......don't judge, it totally worked!

Another sad moment.
Kidney Stones. 
Really bad ones. So bad in fact I almost passed out while shopping at the outlets in Park City and had to LEAVE SHOPPING  and make a trip to the ER. 
Yes, people, pains bad enough to stop me from shopping.

If you are ever in Park City, and pregnant, and dying of pain, may I suggest the Labor and Delivery Unit at Park City Medical Center. I was treated like a Rockstar. They were so awesome!

Who knew that all these awful cramps, and pains, and crap that I have been experiencing the last 4 weeks were Kidney Stones!

I think they are done, for now. Who knew such little pebbles could create such drama!
 While in the Hospital, I missed swimming and sledding.  I was so sad. So Sunday we had our own little family swim time. 

And now we are home, and back to the daily grind. 

Thanks Mom and Dad for the great week!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Ok, that picture of your mom is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. I love your party! So fun.

And I've heard kidney stones are worse than labor, so whatever, you could totally deliver without an epidural! Lol. (Although no woman should have to be pregnant and pass kidney stones and then turn around and do natural labor, so my vote is definitely for the epidural. =)

Glad you still got some swimming and shopping in! Hope you are feeling great now!!

Liz and John Behunin said...

Okay I just saw a pic of my behind in one of those pictures and I am sick. No more treats for me.
It was great to have you this weekend. I am glad that the kidney stones are gone. I hope they never come back.
can't wait to see you guys again over easter.

charm said...

Sounds fun... all but the stones. My sister was in the hospital with them yesterday, and was in EXCRUCIATING pain! I called my mom for an update and heard whimpering in the background. I thought it was Tiff's kids there... but it was Tiff. I had no clue just how bad they were. Sorry! :( Glad they passed though, and I hope they don't come back ever again!

Cunning said...

I had to look twice at that picture of Jack..I thought it was Lane! Such cute kids!!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

So Cute! I miss those adorable little kiddos! We hope you feel better the rest of your pregnancy! Give the kids all hugs from us!