Friday, March 18, 2011

Colors

Green
 Yesterday was good ole St. Patty's Day.  Jack's preschool made a HUGE deal about it, and so he was very excited and was telling me all about how Leprechauns were going to come to our home and do things.  It's a good thing the Leprechauns let me know about it!
 They put shoes out by their doors before they went to sleep. (and I had to take a picture of how Jack arranged them because I thought it was adorable)
All by himself, Jack found a box, colored it, and then told me it was for a trap.  He even made paper gold coins to put inside to tempt a Leprechaun. Like I said, he did this all on his own.  He was more excited about St. Patty's Day than Christmas, I swear!

And wouldn't you know it, those sneaky Leprechauns made it in, and stole our shoes, and left us new shoes and a few goodies!  They hid our shoes in the box, they are so sneaky!

I was very happy to see that the leprechauns also left me a pair of new shoes.  I am sure they had a very hard time deciding if I should get the Black Houndstooth Boots, or the pink floral ones, but I think they made the right choice ;)


WHITE
 I have added a few white dresses to the baby's wardrobe.  
Never mind the ugly sticker I forgot for remove for the photo.  
You have to know that I have a weired phobia about long blessing dresses. You know, the ones that cover the feet, and then still hang down for like another 12"!  I feel like the baby will get lost in there and when you pick her up you won't know where she is and she will get dropped!  
Okay, I don't know if that is the exact reason, but still, I don't like them. I like to see the feet!


So, which dress would you choose?
#1 Blessing at the Prom       or       #2 Blessing on the Beach

It is a close race as far as I am concerned. 

PINK
 I have also added a few pink things.

and a few LIME things!  I just can't help myself. Vince has called for an intervention.

MULTI
 And of course, what fun would life be without a little bit of every color!  I finally chose the bedding fabric and  I finished the bumper pad.  I decided to start with the hardest project first, and to my surprise, is wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

BROWN

 Now that Green day is officially over, we can start focusing a few little brown friends.
Brown Bunnies.
Chocolate Bunnies.
JuJu Bunnies.
Whomever!
We love them all!

15 comments:

kerstin said...

Both dresses are darling! I do love the first one, it's not too poofy, just right. :)

You are a super nice mom to make a trap and leave a present. I did nothing and Madison was NOT impressed. There were tears. Hopefully next year I will have more energy.

kerstin said...

Oh and the bumper is still SO STINKIN' CUTE!!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Ok we have two votes! Olivia votes for #2 and I vote for #1, then keep #2 around for a different occasion!:) I love the bumpers! They are so cute! You did a great job! Like always! I am glad you guys had fun for St. Patricks day too! I think my kids liked it more than Christmas also!

Nichole said...

First of all, I was laughing cause Grace was the same way about St. Patty's day, she learned all about it at school and the visitors coming (good thing she told me) and she was VERY excited about the whole thing. I love the #1 prom dress although they are both beautiful, looks like you have been having fun shopping...nothing cures winter blahs like retail therapy! I am so impressed with your sewing skills, I can't believe you can whip that stuff out so beautifully!

Karla said...

Keep both dresses! One for the blessing and one for after!!

MByram said...

Looks like the shopping is coming along nicely!! That's my girl!
I vote dress #2...I've never been much for puffy things, I just like simple. Both are very cute though. And the bumper pad, I LOVE IT!!

Fox Family said...

Hard decision, hmmm...I choose blessing at the prom because there's not many occasions one can wear a giant poufy dress and look adorable like when you are a baby! Bumper pad is adorable too- why can't you live down here so we can craft together????

mandy said...

I love the dress for the prom. So adorable. You DO need an intervention. :) I am so excited for you. Love how big of a deal St Patricks Day is for you!

Liz and John Behunin said...

Of course I love the poof dress more. You know me and fancy blessing dresses. I love that you made a big deal out of st. patty's day, my kids remember when "lenny" came to visit a couple of years ago at our house, and hasn't returned. I need to be better next year. Love the baby bedding.

Denise said...

Could you teach me how to sew?? I don't think I would even attempt bumper pads!
My vote is dress #1! Love the poof and fancy.
What a cute mom to be so creative on St Patrick's day!

kelley said...

I like dress #2!
And LOVE the bumper pad! Which reminds me... I need to go shopping through your fabrics to find a cute yellow one for my nursery curtain!

Marcie said...

Another six years and you are going to be in the position I am every St. Patrick's day eve......... Trying to figure out how to successfully and believably foil the trap the kids have been planning for a week.

It's exhausting.

Plus I'm positive my kids are going to need therapy.

Hayden is nine.......and is still going strong. We believe in everything from fairies to sasquatch.

LOVE the bumper. It looks great.

Although, I love a white cotton dress more than any other kind, I vote for dress number one. You want to make sure everyone knows she is being blessed that day.

Audrey said...

dress #2......dress #2!

Alicia said...

Oooo - both of those dresses rock. While I like #2 because it's a little different for a blessing dress, my vote is #1, it's just so precious - just poofy enough, but not overly done. Although, I agree with others before me - I would definitely keep #2! White is my favorite on babies, so more white is never a bad thing in my book. =)

And that BUMPER! You are seriously professional! I love it, those colors are awesome.

tonyandalli said...

So I was thinking to myself: I'm gonna knock her socks off and tell her to keep both! One for the blessing and two for the after-party!
(Cuz I watch wedding shows and some folks totally do that.)
Apparently everyone else has seen the same wedding shows.
Socks still on. Boo.