Saturday, February 26, 2011

Accept It

At this point, I just need to accept....

1-That my pre-pregnancy jeans will no longer work with this.

2-That this little man will always have his 6 insurance covered Dr. visits used up by the end of February. Every Year!
 3- That the snow will never end. And not just the snow, but the freezing cold temps.  So until it does, we will keep resorting to useless and cheap indoor entertainment.
 Like Sock Puppets, made from whatever we could find.

 And chicken/rooster/barnyard friend cup noise maker things.

4- That this is the ONLY place and time in our home when these two rascals play nicely.

5-We will be sick forever.  All 4 of us have been sick this week.  Vince didn't go to work NOT ONE DAY this week. Those of you who know Vince would have to assume he was near death to miss this much work. And yes, he is.
The kids and I are handling it okay, but they seriously haven't left the house (except for 1 trip to the Dr.) for 6 DAYS! Hence the need for the useless and cheap entertainment.

 6-I need to accept that my nursery will never look like this.
So I might as well quit dreaming about it.

7- And, that if cancer is truly going to make a comeback during this pregnancy, I need to just accept it.  And quit crying about it, because it is what it is. We will survive.

8-I WILL have to wait 1 more week to find out if our newest addition will be a boy or girl. 
I hope I can make it that much longer.  I am DYING to know. Either way though, I guess they come out pretty darn cute!

5 comments:

tonyandalli said...

You are right... that is a stunning little nursery!

And if anyone could ever take on cancer TWICE and joke about it and then beat it, it will be you. You are A-MAZING!!

taggdarci said...

You are one in a million...there is no other way to say it! :o)

Abby said...

I love how you are passing on our childhood favorite toys to Jack and Brookie!!!! I want to come visit you!!!! Soon! Well, then again maybe when the sickness has dissipated. :)

Liz and John Behunin said...

I hope you get better soon. I can't wait for tomorrow!!! I think it is a boy, but I am always wrong so it will be a girl.
I heard about your "fat" nurse at the dr. office. And who ever she is I hate her.

mandy said...

Such fun toys! I need to make some sock puppets. My girls would LOVE them. Maybe we'll do that this week... since it seems there is no end to this winter!
Sorry you guys have been so sick! :(