Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tis the Season

There's something about Autumn time that makes me want drop everything that I have going on, force my kids into outfits they don't want to wear, drag them into the yard with candy corn in my pockets for bribing, get all sweaty, make a complete fool out of myself in front of my neighbors by acting like a crazy hyena while trying to get my kids to smile.

Ahh.  Autumn is in the air.


 This was my favorite photo from the day.  She is contemplating a tantrum.

 I had great plans for these photos, but instead it just looks like my kids are pooping pumpkins.  
Not what I had planned at all.  At least they were smiling.

And it just wouldn't be October if I didn't get my kids dressed in their Halloween getup 3 1/2 weeks before the actual holiday and chase them around with the camera.  It's just what I do.

Brookie and I will be Matchy Matchy for Halloween this year.  I just couldn't resist. 

And Jack....

I did ask Vince if he wanted to be Matchy Matchy with Jack this year too, but sadly he declined. 

I let Jack pick out his own costumer this year, even though I was really pulling for a "Caption Jack Sparrow", or an Army Guy, but alas, he saw the Giraffe costume and wouldn't let it go. At least he can't blame ME for it when he gets older.  He did this to himself.  

He does look pretty cute though. (it reminds of the kid on "A Christmas Story" coming down the stairs in his bunny suit)  Precious. 

4 comments:

Karla said...

I love Jack's bum in his costume!!

tonyandalli said...

I hadn't thought of that yet! I will dress my kids up tomorrow. Then take their pictures. I'm giddy already!!

kerstin said...

I LOVE it! Madison is going as a giraffe as well, but we are putting bows on the antlers so that she is a girl giraffe :) My poor girls don't know it yet, but I'm getting them all dressed up tomorrow too. You had such a good idea to send out a halloween card! Hopefully you don't mind me stealing your ideas! ;)

Lindsay said...

oohh what cuties! i like the pooping pumpkin pictures! love your kiddos!