Thursday, September 16, 2010

Disneyland

We were able to recover about 1/2 our pictures.
1/2 is better than none!
And in case you were wondering, I have recovered as well.

DISNEYLAND!

Lot's of firsts happened on this trip. Including Jack's first airplane ride!
Let's go already!

5 Day Hopper Pass+Staying on Disney Premises+No Brooke=A Whole lot of Disneyland!

Jack loved the JellyFish Ride!

And we spotted Mickey right from the start!

Oh, the Tea Cups. We rode it about 10 times. Surely his favorite!

Some Toads.

I could not stop laughing at Vince on a little pony. It was the smallest horse on that thing. Hilarious!



Do you LOVE the gray area below this picture? That is all of this picture that was recovered. Most of the recovered pictures are like this. At least this one still shows the important parts!

Rockets
Those Rockets totally made me sick!

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too!

He found Mickey's tools, and you know Jack, he had to have a picture with tools!

We waited 20 minutes to see this guy, and Jack pulls that face in the picture. Sheesh.

The Beach

Huntington Beach had the biggest waves ever! And it was freezing!
One wave actually took Jack out. I know these ones don't look big. But, Holy Crap, they were HUGE!

Poor buddy. The beach wore him out!

We stayed at the Grand California, right inside the Disneyland area! A.Maze.Ing. We will never stay anywhere else (as long as our pocket book agrees with us)


They left us "Chocolate Cookies" every night.
They are all he could talk about.


And wouldn't you know it that the Monorail came right by our room every 10 minutes. Too bad we didn't realize it until the last day. Jack spend the entire last day waiting for the train to come by. He LOVED it!

Here he is waiting.....

There it goes!

The boys watching the fireworks from the hotel. I captured the heart firework and was quite proud of myself!


Brooke at the airport with her treasure! Minnie's dress spins, and apparently it scared her!

I know, I know, we are terrible people for not taking our (almost) 2 year old with us.
It was a decision not taken lightly. There were even a few tears over it.
However, it worked out for the best.
She will be able to love it even more when we go back in 2 years!

And don't worry, she had a fabulous time at Grandma's, and my next post will prove that!

8 comments:

kerstin said...

Looks like you had a magical time! :) I can't wait to go back! I'm a little girl when I get into the park, the first place I want to go is the Princess store! The Grand California is my favorite too, my pocketbook agrees with it, Brian's...not so much ;)

I'm glad you got some of your pictures back! I know who to call if it ever happens to me.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Mom told me about your tantrum and I confess I have thrown one of those before. John just looked at me with a "are you kidding me" kind of face while I cried and kicked my feet on the ground. The sewing machine may or may not have been pushed from the table and my project may or may not have been stomped on repeatedly. All I'm saying is that it must run in the family.
I am so glad that you got some of your pictures back. I have been sick to my stomach just thinking of them.
Looks like a fun trip. Would have been more fun if you had brought aunt liz in your suitcase.

charm said...

Sooooooooo happy you got at least some of them back! And the ones you got are SO cute! He's seriously the cutest little kid ever! We WILL go someday!
Whenever I think about big waves, I think about our stop in the Bahamas during our cruise. I have never seen so many "large" men being taken down so hard! hahaha!

Kasha said...

Oh my gosh!! Looks like you guys had a blast! It looks like the funnest place on Earth! Hope we can go someday too. I love your pics, they are so fun!

Katherine said...

I have tears rolling down my cheeks. Yes, I started crying when I saw the picture of Jack holding the Mickey Pez. I'm so glad you got your pictures back. Can I come with you next time?

Alicia said...

So fun!! And I would seriously have no reservations about leaving my 2 year-old at home. All I can think of is tantrums and over-stimulation. Seriously, I think you did her a favor. =)
How fun! Oh, and pretty sure if my pictures all got deleted it would have taken 5 years off my life and I would have taken 5 years off of Christopher's just from being around me. So glad you recovered them!

Looks like you had a great time! So fun!

Karla said...

I love Jack's face with Mickey! I have Disney fever!

Lindsay said...

you look amazing in every picture! glad you guys had so much fun! I hope we can go togther soemtime.