Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday Boy!

4 YEARS OLD!

All Jack wanted to do for his Birthday was go bowling. So bowl we did. Grandma Wheatley, Aunt Abby and his cousin Josh all came up from Utah for the occasion.

Did you know if you go bowling on your Birthday you get a bowling pin!!
He was on cloud 9.
Vince kicked all of our trash. He claims he's never bowled before, but getting a strike or spare in every frame I would say requires practice.

Such Good Form

After bowling we went out for a birthday lunch. Just so you know, Applebees WILL NOT sing Happy Birthday to your little birthday boy. They don't do that there. The devastation in my little man's eyes was heart breaking.
He tried to have a good time anyways.

Brooke was sad about the birthday song too!

PRESENTS!!!

We decided to get Jack the most expensive/fancy/high tech Swing Set around!

Ummmm......Okay, not really.

It was hit regardless.

Jack opened his swing set in the garage, because it was icky weather outside, but luckily it cleared up by the end of the evening and we could move the swing set outside.

He got a "Big Boy Bike" from Grandma Wheatley and he rode it around all day long. He gasped with delight when opened up every present. He loved everything he got!

Since I am not quite the woman I was last year, Jack's cake got a downgrade from last years cake. I let him pick out everything he wanted to decorate his own cake. The cake, frosting, toys and treats for the cake were all his idea. He loved decorating it himself. New tradition.

He couldn't fall asleep Saturday night because "I don't want my birfday to be over!" He kept saying. Finally at 10:30pm, he let go, and fell asleep.

Happy Birthday Little Man!

6 comments:

The Taylor's said...

Looks like Jack cleaned up on his birhtday. We've done a few b-days at Teton Lanes too- I love how they good they do b-days! And...your gigantic garage came in handy- now you can use your swing set year round..in one of the garage stalls.

kerstin said...

We need to take the kids bowling sometime! Madison and Anne have been dying to go :) Um, the birthday cake from last year, that is an amazing cake! Can you come decorate all of our cakes :) The banner turned out dang cute too. Looks like he had a fun time. Madison has a little gift for him when you get back.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Look how cute you sign is. I think I need one of those. I'm glad that Jack had such a great day. We've enjoyed having you down here where you belong.

Kasha said...

Looks like he had such a fun birthday!! Letting him decorate his own cake is such a cute idea. I bet he will also cherish his bowling pin for a long time!! That's so much fun that Teton Lanes does that.

mandy said...

CUTE. Happy 4th birthday Jack! I'm so glad I was able to see you BEFORE you turned 4. :)

Ethnie said...

So much fun and all I could say was "wow!" to the birthday cake you made him last year. My kids cakes will always look like Jack's 4th birthday cake. Simple. Congrats to your little man!