Thursday, June 11, 2009

NEMO CAKE

I found a recipe for a birthday cake for Jack:
  • 1 Cake Mix
  • 1 Batch of Fondant
  • 4 Finding Nemo Figurines
Put these together for a great cake!

What it should have said was:

3 Bags Mini Marshmallows


1 Microwave to look like this
Powdered Sugar Everywhere

1 Crazy Lady

2 Loving Hands


1 Gigantic Mess


100+ Kitchen Utensils


And Viola! The Craziest Thing I Have Ever Done!
Jack's birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I thought I would share with everyone how absolutely crazy I am today. This is all we did today. And now, instead of cleaning up my kitchen, cooking dinner, folding laundry, getting packed for our trip or wrapping Jack's birthday presents, here I am checking my email and blogging. This is way more fun!


10 comments:

Audrey said...

hmmmmm....thats along the same lines as my first experience with the marshmallow fonodant too! But fo some reason, I keep doing it!

Abby said...

It looks amazing!!! Teach me!!

Katherine said...

Chica, the cake looks great. Nothing like how you had described it....I was picturing that the cake would actually be a nemo and that it would look nothing like him. It looks great and it looks very edible. In fact, Taurean requested that you mail us a piece.

Liz and John Behunin said...

It looks great, congrats to the perfect cake. I hope you bring down a piece for me. YUM!!! Happy Birthday Jack.

Chris and Cindy said...

OH MY HECK... YOU ARE SOOO TALENTED!!! It looks AWESOME! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed, there is noooo way I would ever atempt such a project! You're amazing, that's all there is to it! :)

Paige said...

wow, that is one impressive cake! Good job!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Hey! That cake looks great! Maggie will have her 2nd Birthday while we are there wanna make another awesome cake? HaHa! Just kidding, That looks great! I hope Jack had a great birthday!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Angie, you guys are too cool. Can't
wait to see you and Vince and the
kids. We love you guys.
brock

charm said...

WOW, Ange! You are so awesome! I get onto your blog and often ask myself, "Why am I such a lazy bum?" ha ha... but here I am anyway, still in my p.j's, checkin' out blogs.... :) And yes, let's DO get together this weekend!

Lydia and Josh said...

Wow Angie! That cake turned out amazing!