Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mesa Falls

We had Stake Conference today, and since we got out at Noon, we decided to go for a little drive. We went back to the scene of the crime, where Vince proposed 5 years ago.

For those of you who have never been to Mesa Falls, it is Gorgeous! I love it there.
Vince proposed in February, so we had to cross country ski in to the falls, 4 miles of major hills. I think it would have been the worst date ever if he hadn't popped the question. The snow was so high, that it went to the top of rails. BTW I think this is the worst picture of me ever, but it shows the danger!
Yeah, there weren't any rails because we were on top of them. It was dark when we got there, so I had no idea what the falls looked like, or how far down it would be to my death! We went back a few months later, and I was shocked. We were sitting on the edge of a cliff, and I had no idea! See the top of the rail behind Vince! My mother was quite upset when she found out about this.

Here we are at the top of the falls


So Cute!

Jack found some furry friends

and he kept one eye on this bear the whole time.

3 comments:

Liz and John Behunin said...

I'm surprised that all the snow is melted. That picture of you sitting next to death makes me nervous.

Karla said...

Yes, I still don't like that picture of you and Vince! I don't like any of you standing out on that deck! Observation decks have been known to fall!!!! It is a scary place. Stay away... very far away if you don't want to give your mother a heart attack.

Katherine said...

Is it really cold enough for jackets there? Boy I wish it would cool down here. Looks like fun