Friday, November 4, 2016

San Diego

Vince and I planned a little trip to revisit our Honeymoon destination in Coronado. 
So I thought I'd get a spray tan! Yikes!


We got up super early and drove to Utah to catch our flight. I might have had a little nap, and Vince thought it was super funny. 

Jack gave a talk in Primary and both grandpas went to watch him. So cute!

We got to the hotel and ate the most expensive restaurant! I wanted to die. It was all fish and not cheap!




Day 1, Beach day at the Hotel Del Coronado 







Our room and the view from our window





That night we decided to eat a Pizza place in town and I swear Ross Perot was eating at the next table over. I swear!






Movie night, the Bourne Identity (whatever the latest one was called)


Day 2- Beach and hiking. 





We bought water at the shadiest grocery store!!!


Stopped at the Temple 

We went on a hike at Torrey Pines, only problem was I forgot my hiking shoes at the hotel!


We hiked in flip flops, and it was not fun. 



We rented some boogie boards at the Torrey Pines beach and spent the afternoon in the water!





Then we drove to Cabrillo National Monument and hiked around. 


Vince reads EVERY plaque. EVERY ONE!!!










We hiked around some tide pools and there were HUGE CRABS!!!





Then we drove to downtown San Diego and we had reservations to eat at Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian Steakhouse. We were both in swimsuits, and I told Vince I wanted to change clothes. He told me to change in the car and we were literally parked on the busiest street ever, in a rental car without any tint to the windows. No way Vince. So we walked into a Nordstrom and changed clothes. It was super weird. 

But Fogo was goodo!!!



Driving back to the Hotel, me as the copilot never goes well. 


I told him I wanted to walk along the beach at sunset and have a pic. He nicely said okay. 


Ice cream at the hotel. 


Day 3, Padres Game


We had GREAT seats. And seriously, it decided to be 140 degrees that day! We fried to death. 




Vince had to buy me a hat because the game hadn't even started and I thought I was going to die!


Vince LOVES it when I ask people to take our pictures!!! NOT!!!







We had no plans for the night, and we were walking around the pier when we saw this boat about to set sail and we jumped on. Some kind of SEAL boat. 


This is what we did!

It was honestly just a nice place to sit. 





Day 4

The USS MIDWAY





 This has been on my list since our Honeymoon. I remember seeing it from our hotel and wanting to walk through it but we didn't have time on our honeymoon. 




The rest of that day we walked around the town and enjoyed dinner on Coronado. 

Day 5 Heading Home

I got a migraine, right after getting to the airport. No good.  


We flew into SLC and met up my family for an adult only dinner at Ruth's Chris. 


Meanwhile, back in Rigby....


I get this pic from Jack. He had been staying with Grandpa George because he couldn't go to SLC because he had football practice he couldn't miss. Apparently he got a bloody nose in the night and didn't know what to do because he didn't want to wake Grandpa. Trying to arrange where the kids would go was the hardest part about the trip!

We had a great trip and we were happy to see the kids when we all got home!


0 comments: