Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Skiing We Will Go

Ever since the Olympics started, Jack has been obsessed with skiing. He was dying to go. 

Vince decided he would take a Saturday off and take Jack to Targhee. 
Then somehow Brooke and I got roped into it too. 

Friday night we went to rent skis.......NOT FUN! The kids were a disaster, mostly Ivy. 

We dropped Ivy off at Grandma Jane's early Saturday morning for the day and headed up to Driggs. 
There was sooooo much snow!


We had signed the kids up for a private 1.5 hour lesson, together. 

 We left them, and Vince took me on the bunny hill for my own lesson. 
Here we are riding the Magic Carpet.  He is calm, I am not!
I have only ever been skiing once before....when I was 9!!!!


I survived the bunny hill, so Vince went and bought me a lift pass.....that I did not want. 

(Thanks Katherine for our fabulous "crochet wear")

He dragged me up the lift
and had me pose for a very unnatural photo. 
I was so completely uncomfortable on the skis. We got off the lift and I headed down the hill, out of control, and before smashing into a tree, I tipped myself over and wiped out hard.
I had decided I was done, but still had a lot of hill to go down. 
I made it, and we even made one more run before we had to go pick up the kids. I was quite proud of myself on the second run, I did great!

We finished our second run in time to see the kids finishing their lesson.

 Brooke was having mixed feelings about the day, as was I!


Brooke and I decided that we would hang back, and let the boys go up the lift. 


Lunch in the lodge!

 It started snowing REALLY HARD about this time. Jack and Vince were having a great time on the bigger hills

Vince was great at helping Brooke down the little hill...

 But I was not. Beginner helping a beginner = tears. 

 The boys went back up the lift, and you could hardly see anymore because it was snowing so hard, so Brooke and I headed to the truck. 


My boots were cutting into my leg and we were literally snowmen by the time we got to the truck, which was covered in 3ft of snow!
If felt so good to sit down and relax while we waited for the boys. 

What a day! We had so much fun.  Wore Brooke right out! 


0 comments: