Thursday, August 16, 2012

Things

When they are grown, I might miss a few things.

The cute little faces they make

 Their ability to have fun anywhere.

The joy they find in doing new things. 

 The little squeals of delight

 How adorable they look when you sit them all next to each other.

 How easily they forgive and forget

 How they let me be a kid again while playing with them

 How they aren't afraid to eat crap off the ground at the duck park!

 How they love to run from one adventure to the next

 How cute the little piggy tails are

I will miss them asking to feed the ducks

I will miss how this simple free trip to the park was the highlight of their week.

 I will miss how Jack is afraid of almost everything

I will miss her little waddlely walk

 And how she is afraid of nothing

I will miss them constantly reaching for my phone when I try to take a picture.

I will miss my little "Scooter" on his little scooter.
and how he thinks he goes so fast.

I will miss having nothing to do, except go to the park.

I will miss her actually WANTING to spend time with me. 

 Oh good golly, I will miss this little tootie when she is all growed up.


 I will miss having treats in my purse, even if they are always squished in the bottom of it.

 I will miss the jibber jabber

I will miss it when they don't want to play together anymore

I will miss the innocent little questions

And the little giggles

I will miss how much they LOVE little Ivers.

I will miss watching them figure things out. 

I will 100% miss watching them run around and play at the park.

and watch how their little accomplishment is the biggest deal ever!

I will miss watching them make friends with any kid around.

and the "Look what I can do!"

How they love watching each other do something scary

And I will surely miss how they fall asleep in the funniest places.


I KNOW there are a LOT of things I won't miss.

Babies who can scream for 3 hours straight in the car.
The throw up. Oh the throw up. 
The fighting.
The sleepless nights.
The wiping of the bums
(Although I will miss the "I'M DONE" scream from the bathroom)

Come rain, come shine.
We get to do it together.

1 comments:

Marcie said...

Having nothing to do but go to the park....in my stage of life I miss that one most of all.