Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3 & 4

As mentioned in my last post, I don't like to read.
I hate to read.
It has always felt like a chore.

After I saw a preview for this movie, I thought to myself....

That looks like a book I might be able to enjoy.


Sure enough, 3 days later I was done with New Years Resolution #3

Read a book in 2012

I have already bought the second book and I am ready to go.
Just so you know, the last book I read for fun was about.........3 years ago when my sisters made me read the Twilight books.  The first one took me a few weeks, and I never even finished the rest of them.

I did find myself walking around while reading it because my restless legs get out of control when reading, which is one of the main reason I don't read.

Good job Suzanne, you got me.

Now on to #4
Get Happy

It seems as though there has been this little black rain cloud following me around for the last few months.

I just can't put my finger on what it is.

So I decided that perhaps a little color and fun in house might help.

Today is my birthday, and Vince gave me a great start on this little project.

Isn't she fabulous?
The picture just doesn't do it justice.

It is bright teal with canary yellow.
Absolutely perfect.

I have bought LOTS of bright colored paint and I vow that this house will be brown and boring no more!

To be continued.....

6 comments:

Kasha said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know how you feel about reading. Me too! The same thing happened to me about the Twilight books. I have only read one, and just can't seem to want to read the others. I just don't love to read! Maybe I will look into the book you have read. Happy painting! How fun!

kerstin said...

I love that! Don't leave your house unlocked, it may disappear ;) I'm totally up for a girls night. But we will be gone next week :( But for sure the next week! I'm thinking some shopping and food for sure. That is if I haven't maxed out our credit cards in the Princess shop ;)

Chris and Cindy said...

I'm glad you liked the Hunger Games... I LOVED them! Love the new dresser!!!Good job on your new years resolutions!!!

tonyandalli said...

I'm loving that adorable little dresser! Maybe I will copy someday?
And keep that pretty little chin up! You are a strong woman with extraordinary courage. You are talented and beautiful.
And I think you've prescribed yourself some of the best medicine: Change... and hope. Because "action inspires hope." Love, Abraham Lincoln.
I do not come up with inspirational sayings on my own. I am not that clever.

kelley said...

I read all 4 Twilight books. I don't talk about it proudly. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't look away from until I knew how it ended. And I'm so ashamed I did.
I think reading the Hunger Games will help you with goals 3 AND 4. And watching the movie. And you can think of me when you watch the movie b/c they filmed a lot of it in NC. Halla!!!

Denise said...

Just to tell you that you need to read book #2. You might have a hard time with #3 though. I always get them on cd and listen to them while I do other things. Who has time to sit and read a book!