Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quilt Market


Right after Preschool Graduation, I mean RIGHT after, we loaded up the kids left for Utah!
We stopped at McD's for a quick bite (which ended up taking an hour), and changed the kids into their jammies in the parking lot and we were on our way!
We got to Utah around 11pm and wouldn't you know it these two little poopers stayed awake the whole way until we were about 20 minutes from Grandpa and Grandma's house.
We are pretty sure we won't be doing anymore late night road trips with these crazies.

Twice a year, each Spring and Fall, there is an International Quilt Market where all the fabulous fabric and pattern designers show off their new stuff. 

This year it just so happened to be in Salt Lake, so we decided that we better see if it is something worth traveling around for.

It was!
 I was totally sick the whole time and didn't take any pictures at the show.  I had to steal these from another blog :) The top one is Riley Blake Designs' Booth

And this one was one of my favorites because it made me wish I lived by the ocean. Sigh...
 I was having labor pains, and feeling so sick, and I complained the entire time we were there.  Yes, Vince was man enough to go with me to this event. Poor guy didn't want to be there anyway and I complained the whole time, he is a trooper.  We were supposed to attend both Friday and Saturday, and I barely made it through Friday, so we skipped out on Saturday's appointments.  I don't regret it, I still bought up lots of fabric for the shop on Friday and we got to enjoy Saturday with the fam!

Saturday we went to Cabelas for some free entertainment


 I love this picture
 I think Jack had the most fun!

 We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and only waited about an hour to be seated.  Good thing my kids don't mind sitting on the floor with a sucker or two!
All in all, it was a fun business/family trip to Utah!


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, I love Riley Blake anything! Come to think of it, I should look into their fabric while I'm designing Emmett's nursery.

Hope you are feeling better! Sorry to hear you are feeling sick these days - pregnancy is just *glorious*, isn't it?

Karla said...

Those McDonald fries look pretty good right now!