Sunday, November 21, 2010

Neck-Braced-Brookie

She has decided not to let a little necklace get in the way of her adventures.



She still copies everything her brother does


She thought this reindeer was real and wanted a ride.  Too bad the reindeer didn't survive.

Occasionally I catch her resting her cheeks on the brace and she gets the cutest little chipmunk face.

She wants to play rough, and I am sure she is tired of me telling her "Slow down, get up, get down from there don't run", and the most commonly used, "No JUMPING"!

She still has a little mischief up her sleeve. I fear she is bottling it and will soon explode!

She still has her sense of humor....Santa headband for a belt?

And she still manages to make me laugh.  How can this not make you smile?

When she sees herself in the mirror, she will touch her brace and say "My Pitty".  Makes me cry every time. 
How does it not bother her?
I am not even wearing it and it drives me nuts!

A neck brace doesn't slow these two monkeys down one bit!
 Jack has bee having a hard time with all the attention Brooke has been getting, so as a treat for him, we put up CHRISTMAS!

Oh who am I kidding, it was a treat for me too!
 For some crazy reason I decided to buy the biggest tree available this year, and it hits our ceiling.  No room for a star.  Perhaps I will tie that in to the "no room in the Inn" or something.

Buddy the Elf has even showed up from the North Pole to monitor us all.  He returns home to Santa after we go to bed every night and reports our behavior. Then he returns in the morning and hides a new spot. This morning he was in the tree.  Jack spotted him and said, "Mom, I have never seen this before."
I had high hopes that Buddy would help my kids be nice to each other.  

Ha ha ha.

3 comments:

kerstin said...

She is still SO cute! :) My Christmas wish is that we have one day without any fighting or screaming...hmmm....maybe next year.

Marcie said...

Hayden saw Buddy in a Christmas Toy Catalog this year (curse that stupid company for putting it in there) and said to me "Is that how Jingle got to our house? You ordered him for $29.98?". I assured him I didn't order him............but he wasn't truly buying it.

Broke my heart. So I'm sure the elf won't have the same magic around here this year.

We did have a good run though. When your kids get just a little older they'll be all over it.

Abby said...

Any girl who wears zebra pants is bound to have mischief up her sleeve! I want all of your children's clothing for myself!