Saturday, January 16, 2010

"A Goat in Girl's Clothing"


Goat
: Noun: 1. a short, stringy-haired animal. Running around on all fours.
A. Enjoys eating anything but food.

We keep our goat in a pen.

One morning when I went to get the goat out of the pen, I noticed she had black specs of something all around her mouth and face. She was also chewing something. Sure enough our little goat had bit a marble sized chunk out of the crib, and was eating it! I FREAKED!

Luckily, this goat keeper has mountains of fabric, so a fabric bandage was made to protect our little goat from eating lead paint chips, and to protect our crib!

What a joy it is, to fish little pieces of wood and paint out of my daughters mouth.

This was not our first experience


Brooke enjoys paper. Little pieces of paper to be exact.

She especially enjoys putting them in her mouth, or on her face.
Her favorite spot: under her nose
And if nowhere else, between her toes.

This little girl has an odd fascination with sticking things between her toes.
Paper is usually the number 1 substance of choice, then fabric, and at least once a day you will find her walking around with a piece of cereal nested in that crevasse.
Just today, an eyelash curler, a cord, her fork, my fabric tape measure, a little train engineer figurine, a lego, a pretend cookie, and of course this piece of cereal were found lodged between her toes.

I hope she isn't preparing for a future of painting with her feet!

10 comments:

Karla said...

I miss that little girl!

Nichole said...

So much fun, Grace used to eat her crib...we have lots of teeth marks now. Hopefully Zoe won't pick up the habit!

Brittney said...

so, are you going to start selling those crib covers? I need one for three sides of my crib please.

Chris and Cindy said...

I love BROOKE!!! She is too cute! I noticed last week or so that Tessa has taken bites out of her crib too but I didn't know what to do about it so I just let her eat the crib...You're a better mom than me!!! She makes me laugh:)

Denise said...

That is hilarious! I love the cereal between the toes. You are creative to cover the crib with fabric.

Jill said...

SO funny! I ALSO LOVE her ROOM! :) I'm dreaming for bead board one day.

mandy said...

That is crazy!! I love how she puts things between her toes! Sometimes I would really love to get into these kids minds just to understand what they are thinking!!! We have tons of little teeth marks in our crib where Mya went to town too!

Liz and John Behunin said...

Oh Brookie, we miss you. So sorry I couldn't lend you my crib tent, you know it being covered in poop it found a new home at the dump. So glad those days are behind me, I hope.

Kent/Sue Adams said...

I am so glad that my kids are not the only ones doing crazy stuff! Maybe its in their blood! Lets blame the dads!!!

Alicia said...

What a funny girl! I'm totally cracking up - she has so much personality. She's definitely the cutest little goat I've ever seen!