Monday, December 7, 2009

Help


Kim-Rock'n The Scarf


Jessica Alba- Exquisite


Ms. Diaz - Stunning



Me

Seriously. Add a little/lot of chunk to the legs, and that is how I feel when I try the "scarf"


Before surgery I was SOOOO worried about what my scar was going to look like. Blame my vanity. I even got a few scarfs and turtlenecks just to be prepared.
Now, I couldn't care less about that scar. Surgery and recovery were so awful, that I was just happy to come out with all my pieces in the right places.

My neck looks great to me, except for the red dot below it where my tube was. That hole didn't close up well and now it just looks like a zit gone wrong. And nobody wants one of those.

So now I have these scarves, and I just can't pull it off. I need help. All you gorgeous scarf wearers out there (you know who I am talking about), what is the trick? I just look like an idiot when sport'n one.

My goal is not to hide my "hideous" neck from society-I simply feel that I must justify those scarf purchases. Put them to good use, if you will.

My cancer is not sad.

What is sad is that those scarfs look better hanging in the closet, than they do on me!

HELP!

9 comments:

Karla said...

Sorry, you get it from your mother!

Denise said...

I just laugh every time I read your blog. Thanks! Some days I really need it. I am sure you look great in a scarf! You just aren't use to wearing them. That is how I am with something new, I always feel so silly. Just wear them where you don't care and maybe you will feel more comfortable with them on. Your neck looks great! For what you went through you look amazing!

Nichole said...

I love the scarf look and unfortunately I am like you and don't seem to know how to do it! Oh and I am VERY impressed with your fabrics and the darling things you make, so very cute!

kelley said...

Kim Kardashian probably has to wear one to hide all the hickies.

Get a pashmina. They're everywhere and relatively cheap. They're super soft and thin so you don't feel like you have a boa constrictor hanging on your neck.

And if you need visuals:
http://www.texeresilk.com/cms-scarf_tying_guide.html

Happy scarfing!!

Katherine said...

I felt like a fool the first time I wore one, and who knows, maybe I look like one, but I wear them all the time. They hide tummy fat, make a plain outfit interesting, keep you warm, fun to play with....all these benefits outweigh the silly feeling. Just try it.

Audrey said...

I think your scar is SEXY!

Cunning said...

I think you should rock the scar!In fact I'm considering drawing one on my neck to be your twin- woudl that be weird?

I'm terrible at the scarf thing - sorry. But I don't think yo uneed it one bit!

The Taylor's said...

And to think that I was thinking about giving you a scarf?! I actually feel the same way about them, have two, have worn them each once. Generally I feel out of place in "trendy" fashion. Like flat shoes, skinny jeans, boots up to my knees-I need some serious help lately in the fashion area. Fashionista I am not. Don't try to cover the scar up, embrace those battle wounds!

Erika said...

maybe you should just try diamonds around your neck instead. That way we see sparkle and scars... I'll talk to Vince. I LOVE a good scarf. Maybe you should come for a visit. The survival in a Canadian winter will help you learn how to wear one in no time.