Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two Fears

So within the past few months, two fears have been brought to my attention.

#1 Potty Training

I have been dreading potty training Jack ever since those little pink lines appeared over 3 years ago. Last week I decided to face my fear and give it a try. To my surprise and delight, Jack was potty trained in 1 day! He is still wearing a pull-up at night and during naps, but he has got the rest of it down. I don't know why I dreaded it for so long. Maybe the trick was waiting this long! I hope this isn't the calm before the storm, you know, when I start finding little piles of Doo Doo all over the house. I am so proud of him.

#2 Little Divas

The last few weeks at church have really set this fear in my heart. What happened to "Little Princess's", and even so, "Little Girls"? I remember when I was 6-12 years old, I wore matching dresses with my sisters, my mom did my hair (with the biggest bows ever), I didn't wear make-up, I respected any adult, and most importantly, I looked like a little girl! And so I ask, When did Princess turn into Diva? A few of the girls in our neighborhood have really scared me. The things they wear, the way they do their hair, and the way they act cry out "I'm a DIVA, watch out!" This scares me to death to have a little girl growing up with the pressures to grow up too fast. I want Brooke to be able to "Be a kid" as long as she can. Maybe I am the only one who fears the term "DIVA", but I would much rather have a little princess!

0 comments: