Saturday, January 10, 2009

Do you want the good news, or the bad news?

We'll start with the good news. I took Jack to the doctor and he said that one of his ear tubes has fallen out. Yay! We are one step closer to him being able to lay down in the bath tub! I can't wait for the other one to come out so the kids at the pool aren't constantly asking me what those pink things in his ears are (ear plugs). It will be one year since his surgery in March.


Jacks ear tube surgery, March 18, 2008
Now for the not so great news. I also took Brooke to the doctor and she is currently experiencing her THIRD ear infection since birth. He said we need to sign her up for tubes right now. They don't put them in babies this young, so I have to talk to an ENT for more details and how soon we can do the surgery. I am not looking forward to it. I don't know how I am going to wash all that hair without getting her ears wet! Just when I thought we were out of the woods.


Do you want the rest of the bad news?


Look closely at this picture and see if you can tell what is wrong.

Um, Yeah. The front tooth on your left, does it look a little darker than the other one? Scroll down to where I have posted some pictures of Jack and Vince snowmobiling and you can be a witness to the accident. Apparently during their ride, Vince ran into a fence and Jack went flying into the front of the snowmobile. I was not made aware of the severity of the accident until recently, when we noticed the dead tooth. That's right, IT'S DEAD! The dentist said that it will continue to get darker, turn black, then fall out. Oh Great! Jack will be missing a front tooth for the next 4 years of his life.

Now look at this picture and find what is wrong.

Here is a little hint. It is a tooth problem as well. This picture was taken a few days before the other one ( That is how quickly the tooth is turning black). But that isn't what your looking at. Look at his bottom teeth. Instead of having four front teeth, he only has three! The dentist also isn't sure if there is even a permanent one in there somewhere. I knew I should have been a dentist! At this rate, Brooke probably won't even have teeth. Whatta ya do? I guess I'll love em anyway!

If you would like to donate to the Byram Family Dental Plan Fund, please contact me.

Boy are we in for it! :)

0 comments: