Thursday, September 5, 2013

Last Weeks of Summer

Our Summer was a whirlwind.

We had a good time, but that last month with moving and stuff wasn't the best. 

So once the kids were home and settled, I tried to do a few fun things.

REXBURG NATURE PARK


 We played on the playground, rode bikes on the nature path, and fed the ducks!

 One weekend in August Vince took Jack to hike Table Rock and the girls stayed home for a girls night and day! (It rained the WHOLE time for the boys)  They were wet and tired when they got home, and so was the tent and sleeping bags)

We watched movies

 And went shopping.  And an unexpected downpour led me to buy these umbrellas while in the store so we could get out!

One day we did a mock lunch line for Jack so he could practice buying lunch at schoo. 


 They have been BEGGING me to take them to the Spray Park. And of COURSE the day I chose, it clouded up in the afternoon and the temp dropped to 65!  

They still wanted to go, and they still had a fun time believe it or not!  I had a coat on!
 It was nice to have the place to ourselves though. 




JACKS SURGERY

The Friday before Labor Day I took Jack into the ENT to have them assess his bloody noses.
He gets the WORST bloody noses.
Last time I thought he was going to bleed to death!

He passes horrible clots with them (cotton ball sized) and he passed one through his mouth last week).  They discovered that he had an open blood vessel and decided to fix it.  

The shoved a huge piece of cotton up there for 10 minutes (see the awesome pic)


Then the Dr. came in and coterized it.  It was awful, but he did great!


So Jack go to pick where we went for lunch,


And then I surprised them with a trip to the Spray Park again!  I had packed everything up secretly so they had no idea. I pulled their swimmers out of my purse and they were soooo excited!


It was sooooo much warmer! 

Jacks nose starting turning black and he looked so funny!

 and "Miss Thing" was such a poser I couldn't resist taking 100 pictures of her. 
 

We sure tried to make the last few weeks of Summer fun!

0 comments: