Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weekend in West Yellowstone



Conference weekend we decided to head up to West Yellowstone for a relaxing weekend.  
Little did I know it would not be relaxing. 
Jack was so excited to go!

 We got there Friday night and of course had to swim right away. 

I pretty much thought this was the cutest thing I had ever seen. 

Apparently Ivy is quite the little fishy.

 I started to wonder if she really belongs to this family. 

And don't worry, I made sure that Vince had plenty to do. 

Jack is so proud that he can swim without holding onto something.
 And Brooke....she is just a cute little fart. 

 Ivy was shivering and shaking because she was cold, but she had the most fun!

 One wet little munchkin. 

We were FROZEN by the time we got back to the room, so we all gathered around the heater. 
And we couldn't go to West Yellowstone without our Bear Jammies. 

 DAY 2
Conference


Conference wasn't on TV, so we had to watch it from the computer, which was a DISASTER! 
It kept skipping and stopping and drove us all nuts!

As did Ivy.  She was insane.


I brought up some treats for the Conference Word Game we do every year.
And Jack ate so much of them that he almost threw up. Nice. 


 Back to the pool.  Brooke is a hoot.

We snuck the kids into the Hot Tub, shhhhhhh.

And this is what we did the whole time, drag Ivy back onto the steps when she would leap off the steps.

Jack had such a good time. Daddy even paid him $10 if he would go all the way under the water. He did. Big boy stuff now. 

Brooke's hair...what an epic mess. 

We ate little food. Even though EVERY place in West Yellowstone was closed up for the season still.
Even the McDonalds, where we have eaten every year at this time.
We were shocked, good thing I packed extra food!


Vince left to go to the Priesthood session and we all stayed in the room. I got a knock on the door from the lady below us telling us to stop running around. It was 6pm.  And apparently we were being too noisy for her.  I didn't even think we had been noisy at all. In fact I had made it a point to keep everyone as quiet as I could the whole trip.  She ruined my night. I even had a little sob fest. 

But I got over it.

Cut to 2am
This little pooper decided to start throwing up in her bed. 
Awesome.
The one trip I didn't pack a bucket and Clorox Wipes. 
(I seriously take those everywhere)

She was screaming. I'm sure the lady below us was livid. 
Nobody slept the rest of the night. 

 I was beyond ready to hit the road first thing Sunday morning. 

So we hit it with some snow and ice too. 

Ivy and I both got a little nap on the way home.
 Oh blessed 30 minutes.

Needless to say, we missed quite a bit of conference.
Which made me really sad.

It will be a trip to remember for sure though.
Ivy's first trip to a hotel, and most likely her last!

3 comments:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Haha, I love this :) How come everytime I read your blog it makes me like you even more. Sometimes I feel like we are thinking the same exact things and going through similar things... guess that happens when our kids are all the same ages :) I am glad there were some fun moments in this weekend, sorry for all the drama! I hate when our plans don't go as planned!!

Kasha said...

Oh my gosh! What luck do you have?! You will remember this trip forever!! ;)

Marcie said...

Alice threw up on Hayden's head at 2 am in a hotel room in Rapid City South Dakota once. Then continued to throw up all night long. We called the front desk for extra towels and sheets....twice, and showered Hayden in his sleep.

The poor, poor maid......and next people who decided to use the ice bucket for ice.

Crazy thing was, she was in perfect health and happy as could be at Mr. Rushmore the next morning.

We were sure we would be put on some kind of Holiday Inn black list. Worst night ever....