Monday, July 2, 2012

Bear Lake Wheatley Reunion


Friday
We left early Friday morning and headed to Bear Lake. We met up with all of my family and played on the hotel playgrounds for 3 hours until we could check in.

I loved Ivy's legs dangling from this swing!

Friday night we went to a play at the PickleVille Playhouse
"The Hanging of Juanito Bandito"
Seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen. I am NOT exaggerating. Hilarious.
I bought the kids some summer pj's because here in Idaho we only sleep in fleece.  The condos didn't have AC and oh boy was I glad I bought those summer jammies!

SATURDAY

Good morning!


The Beach


Grandpa Wheatley rented a boat for the day, and my kids were sooooo excited.

Brooke WAS excited until we took a ride on the tube of death.



Nice job Vince

Jack was in charge of the Flag.  

Love this picture with all my heart.
Vince and John were laughing hysterically at my dad, who sat on the back of the boat for about 90 seconds trying to work up the courage to jump in to the freezing water. 

My Dad is a stud.  Not only did he jump in, but he even wake boarded.
Say, WHAT!!!!

Once Ivy woke up from her nap, she joined us for some sandy fun.



The girls loved that floating island.



I took this so we could always remember just how Vince got that amazing sunburn.
2 hours on that raft.

SATURDAY NIGHT

 We met up for dinner and games.  Isn't my Grandpa cute?

The babies kept the picnic interesting....as usual.

 5 of the 6 Wheatley Brothers.  Matt was good enough to fill in for Scott and represent the Virginia Wheatleys.
Who can blow up the balloon and pop it the fastest. Good times. 

Cousin Jennifer dishing out instructions for the dance portion of the evening.

Fun night.  "Wheatley's Have More Fun"!

  The day came to a close and a bunch of the kids were dying to play mini golf. 

I decided that Jack and Brooke are way to young for that game. 
It was one long game.........


We had a great time though, can't wait til the next Wheatley Reunion!

4 comments:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

What a fun reunion!! Love all the pics! Makes me want to go to Bear lake, and makes me excited for our family reunion this week! I love your yellow swim suit! So cute :)

Karla said...

When the Wheatley's get together we have fun!!!!! Sing along....

The Taylor's said...

I love Bear Lake! We go every summer and also go to Pickleville- great shows! Looks like a fun reunion.

Fox Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Also, on a side note, I think we need to go clothes shopping together because all your clothes are so adorable. It would be just like old times :)