Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crossed Over

I'm not sure when it happened exactly.....

but apparently I have crossed the line.

Exhibit A:  I now drive a family wagon

Exhibit B:  I need one of these to get through the day.


Exhibit C:  I listen to talk radio
(only because my super cute sis-in-law is the co-host)


Exhibit I----vy: 
This actually isn't relevent, but I couldn't stand the thought of a post without her in it.

Exhibit D: 2 Surgeries and 30+ Dr. visits this year

It's true.

I have officially become an old woman.

I still think I am 17.  I can't believe it was 10 years ago I graduated high school.

My body feels like it is 80, so I guess my mind just needs to catch up.  I survived my eye tube surgery on the 8th of December.  I am not sure however if I am going to survive the next 6 weeks of no mascara and really itchy tubes in my eyes.  I guess I need to act my age and take it like a man.

I asked Vince when we got the Burb if he felt grown up.  He proceeded to tell me about how a lady whose house he was working on couldn't believe he owned a company at such a young age. 
 She thought he was 19.
She just about died when she found out he was 32.

He looks 19
I feel 80
We both think we are still kids
and we have 3 of our own.

We have crossed over
and need to accept it.


5 comments:

kelley said...

Vince is 32?!?! Holy crap! :)

charm said...

Yeah, but I KNOW you would get carded if you bought some liquor, Ange!

Brittney said...

I sooooo feel your pain. I was thinking today as I wanted some teenagers to turn down the music and then when I was trying to get Scarlett to take a nap what I wouldn't give to take a nap every day that I'm getting really old.

Alicia said...

So funny - it really gets to me when I realize that something I remember really well happened, like, 15 YEARS ago. Crazy! Also, the other day when Christopher and I were on a walk with our kids (already, we scream old), I yelled at a car that sped past us. I YELLED at them to slow down! Then I said under my breath "stupid teenagers". Pretty sure it was that very moment that I became an old lady.

Thanks for the post!

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Oh my dear Angie, you poor sweet girl! Can't believe what you continue to go through! I hope you recover quickly from the eye surgery. Congrats on the suburban! And don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you, 3 kids, nearly 32 yr old husband, 10 years since highschool, and though I still fee 17, I'm starting to realize I am OLD! :) haha